- See: Grand Emperor for cultivators of similar strength from the Tenth World.
- See: True Emperor for cultivators of similar strength from the Three Immortals World.
- See: Dao Lord for cultivators of similar strength from the Eight Desolates.
Immortal Emperor is the highest known Cultivation Level in the Nine Worlds and is its strongest existence. To reach this level, one must shoulder the Heaven's Will. However, only one Heaven's Will is born in each generation, so only one person can become an Immortal Emperor. The suitable candidates should fight over it and the last one standing would be the new Immortal Emperor. Once they shoulder the power of Heaven's Will, which they fuse into their Fate Palace, they can use it in their own attacks which is what makes them so powerful.[?]
Once one gets the Heaven's Will one will be almost immortal. Even if his body and true fate are destroyed as long as the Heaven's Will remains he would be alive. Furthermore, an Immortal Emperor's life is greatly extended and if it sealed he could live indefinitely. Only by destroying the Heaven's Will could one kill an Immortal Emperor.[?]
However, once the Heaven's Will is obtained, Immortal Emperor can't stay in the Nine Worlds for long and should leave to the Tenth World. Any Immortal Emperor who stays in the Nine Worlds would have to face the Heavenly Tribulation from Old Villainous Heavens. That's why when the time was right, all Emperors chose to ascend.
Usually when Immortal Emperor ascends from the Nine Worlds they would be attacked by the Great Emperors, Immortal Monarchs and Ancient Gods of the Tenth World. However, after Dark Crow started the Emperor Hunt against Emperors of the Tenth World, he signed a treaty that alleviated situation of both newly ascending Immortal Emperors and Immortal Emperors who already entered the Tenth World.
An Immortal Emperor will have between 2 and 6 Fate Palaces filled with the Heaven's Will (2-6 Strip Heavens Will), then upon ascension to the Tenth World they have the choice to continue expanding their Nine Worlds Heaven's Will or to shoulder Tenth World's Heaven's Will. In the latter case, he could get 2 Tenth World's Heaven's Wills at most each generation. [?]
Requirements to become an Emperor
Each Immortal Emperor is extraordinary and amazing in their own way; they are always the most excellent in their generation. However, their excellency is not based on talent, origin, Merit Laws, weapons, powerful protectors; all of this does not guarantee a spot of Immortal Emperor. If cultivator don't have the courage to persist, to never give up, all of their prior advantages are useless. Firm Dao Heart is necessary to withstand all obstacles and resist all temptations. One must personally experience countless challenges, battles, and walk over corpses of their opponents. Only then can they create their own Grand Dao and be accepted by the Heaven's Will. 
Apart from the Dao Heart, an imperial ethics is also required. It is a vague concept, but betrayal is definitely not allowed. To cultivators, who have yet to ascend, betrayal will become an inner demon that might swallow them. To Immortal Emperors — betrayal will forever haunt them. Emperor can be merciless an kill countless people, but they could never betray.
First Immortal Emperor
Name and Title
Immortal Emperors are mainly known by their titles. Even Li Qiye, who personally knew many Emperors and had several disciples among them, had always referred to them by their titles, instead of real names.
Because of this, real names of the most of Immortal Emperors are unknown, with the exception of:
- Immortal Emperor Tun Ri (Ye Yunzhou)
- Immortal Emperor Xiu Shui (Jue Tianyu)
- Immortal Emperor Dao Huai (Dao Huai)
- Zhan Xian (Zhan Xian)
- Prime Emperor (Li Qiye)
Immortal Emperor choose a title for himself/herself after shouldering the Heaven's Will. The title normally represents their main power, personality, etc. For example: Min Ren was very kind, Wan Shi was a trickster, Wu Gou cultivated the Void Imperfection Physique to Grand Completion, Bu Si was able to revive again and again, Diyi Jian was matchless archer, Yan Shi started the golden age of peace in the Nine Worlds, etc.
Mei Aoxue is the only Immortal Emperor whose chosen title is unknown.
There were around twenty or thirty female Immortal Emperors, but only few of them were named so far:
The world believes that if an Immortal Emperor succeeded in carrying the Heaven's Will, they will truly become immortal, however it is untrue, and the term "Immortal" stems from the idea that before shouldering Heaven's Will you are below the Heavens however once you shoulder it you are the Eternal Ruler of your own fate and thus they are called Immortal Emperors.
Even so, Immortal Emperors can live for a long time, and no one knows for sure how their lives ends. Only few Immortal Emperors are known to be dead for sure:
- Long Ming - He was killed by the Nine Worlds Alliance in the Immortal Execution War.
- Bu Si - He collapsed for reasons unknown.
- Ye Ti - As a consequence of his cruel Dao, he suffered the most miserable death of all Immortal Emperors.
- Ta Kong - He was killed by Black Dragon King and his imperial corpse was later destroyed by Magu.
In truth, Immortal Emperors rarely die in the Nine Worlds, they disapper because they ascend to the Tenth World. Some of them die in the process of ascension, and it is unknown, how many Emperors successfully ascended and are still alive in the Tenth World, but the following Emperors are confirmed to have died there due to different reasons.
- Wan Gu by a heavenly execution.
- Fei, Gu Chun, Min Ren, Qi Zhen, Xiu Shui, Wu Gou, Bi Lian, Qing He, Dao Huai, Bing Yu and Qian Li embarked on the Ultimate Expedition.
- Diyi Jian by a heavenly execution after killing Mad God with one arrow.
- Yi Shi died in an ambush during his ascension.
- Chong Huang, Er Shi and Yin Yang were killed while attacking Celestial Academy.
Achievements in the Tenth World
- Establishing the Celestial Academy: Fei, moreover Fei, Fei Yang, Qi Zhen, Tun Ri, Min Ren, Hao Hai have taught their dao there.
- Opening the Arrogance Continent for the hundred races: Jiao Heng
- Opening the Pure Continent for the hundred races: Gu Chun
- Creating a path for Immortal Emperors to fuse the two types of Heaven’s Wills: Wan Gu
- Creating the Myriad Law Art, a suitable merit law for the hundred races: Wan Gu
- Spreading the Golem's Bloodline among the three races: Wan Shi, who probably surivived as the Stone Duck in Drystone Courtyard, after being chased down from the Tenth World and became the Golem Ancestor in the Eight Desolates.
- Founding the Archaic Repository: Min Ren, later joined by Tun Ri and Qian Yu
- Emperor Hunt: Qi Zhen, Min Ren, Yan Shi, Wu Gou, Tun Ri, Ba Mie, Yu Long and many others joined the Dark Crow’s banner.
- Establishing Heaven's Ender: Ba Zhen was the founder, Hao Hai is believed to be the current leader.
- Founding Dragon Citadel: Can Long
- Killing Samsara Wild Ancestor: Li Qiye, Can Long, Ming Du, Bu Zhan
- Founding Clearing Flow: Yan Wu
- Defending Celestial Academy: Mu Tian, Tun Ri, Ren Xian and Hong Tian
List of Immortal Emperors
The titles of Immortal Emperors confirmed to be alive after Li Qiye regained his body are highlighted.
- It doesn't matter what kind of person an Immortal Emperor is. Regardless of whether they are a murderer or a righteous gentleman, no emperor cultivating an
unorthodoxand evilmethod has ever been accepted by the heavenly dao. Only a supreme grand dao can carry the Heaven’s Will.
- "Whoever wanted to steal from the villainous heavens, do you think the punishment it sent down would be this easy to seal? If the bastard was so easily dealt with, it would no longer be the villainous heavens. If it was so easy to oppose him, there would be more than just one Immortal Emperor in each generation."Li Qiye flatly said