- 1 Origin
- 2 Levels
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Interior
- 5 Fate Palace Opening
- 6 Number of Fate Palaces
- 7 Fate Palace Destruction
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Links
- 10 References
Origin[edit | edit source]
The Fate Palace (命宫) is one of the three main attributes of the Cultivation. Every person is born with the Physique, Life Wheel, and Fate Palace. The Fate Palace shows person's innate aptitude and talent for Cultivation. Its level decides cultivator's ability to understand profound Merit Laws and create a personalized Grand Dao.
Levels[edit | edit source]
The Fate Palace have the following ranking from lowest to highest:
- Mortal Fate Palace
- Houtian Fate Palace
- Xiantian Fate Palace
- King Fate Palace
- Saint Fate Palace
- Immortal Fate Palace
The Fate Palace's level is inborn and, unlike Physique, can't be changed through cultivation. Even so, many cultivators consider Fate Palace to be more important than Physique, because it is the foundation of cultivation. While powerful Physique can grant more strength, but only Fate Palace could grant ability to understand Dao and reach higher stages in cultivation.
Fate Changing[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Fate Palace appears above person's head when opened.[?]
The Fate Palace is crystal clear and has an ancient design. It emits light whose brightness depends on the level of the Palace.
Interior[edit | edit source]
The space inside the Fate Palace is very vast, approaching infinity.
True Fate (真命)[edit | edit source]
In the middle of the Fate Palace there are a radiant light. This light was the soul, also called the True Fate or the three souls and seven spirits. The True Fate determines the fate of a person through his life. The True Fate also allows a person to connect to the heavens and earth to borrow their energy, letting the cultivators gain magical powers; but in order to do it, first it must be awakened with a Fate Palace Merit Law.
Fate Palace Four Symbols[edit | edit source]
The Fate Palace Four Symbols (命宫四象) are located in the four corners of the Fate Palace.
- Spring of Life: It is a gigantic spring in the east corner of the Fate Palace. It is supposedly a source of life and fate energy. Before True Fate's awakening the Spring of Life will be dry without any water.
- Cauldron of Life: It is a huge cauldron in the west corner of the Fate Palace. Before True Fate's awakening the Cauldron of Life will be fireless. Cauldron of Life's flame is known as the Soul Fire because people believes that the souls are its source. The Soul Fire can burn and dissolve any existence.
- Tree of Life: It is a massive, sky-piercing tree in the south corner of the Fate Palace. The Tree of Life is the most mysterious of the Fate Palace Four Symbols, it is supposedly can steal great fortune from the heavens. Before True Fate's awakening the Tree of Life will be dead.
- Pillar of Life: It is a a towering pillar that connects the heavens and the earth. It is located in the north corner of the Fate Palace. The Pillar of Life is also known as the source of life; without it, nothing would exist. The Pillar of Life is engraved by countless mysterious symbols. Ability:- Comprehension of Dao bone & search for the Dao.
In the Nine Worlds no one knows the Four Symbols' true purpose. It is believed that if one could understand the truths of all Four Symbols, he would be able to obtain the Heaven's Will and become an Immortal Emperor.
At completion of the Second Awakening the Spring of Life will be flooded with the Water of Life, the Soul Fire in Cauldron of Life will be ignited, the leaves of Tree of Life will start to spring to life and radiate infinite life energy, while Pillar of Life will start to exert a heavy pressure and the symbols on its body will start to move around like they had their own consciousness.
Fate Palace Opening[edit | edit source]
The Fate Palace of mortals is closed, and the soul and spirits are at rest. One had to knock on the Fate Palace to wake the souls and spirits up in order to channel their power, then one could start to cultivate. The higher the innate talent of cultivator is, the less knocks are needed to open the Fate Palace.
For a genius, especially someone with a Saint Fate Palace, the process of opening the Fate Palace is extremely easy because their souls and spirits are formidable. According to rumors a person with a Saint Fate Palace only had to knock once before opening his Palace.
Number of Fate Palaces[edit | edit source]
Every person is born with one Fate Palace, where the True Fate reside, known as the Master Palace.
Opening more Palaces[edit | edit source]
Once cultivators reach higher realms of Cultivation, they have the opportunity to open more Palaces, called Vice Palaces or Servant Palaces. Normally the Servant Palaces are different from the Master Palace, but in the case of the Immortal Fate Palace all of them are identical.
Depending on the cultivation realm a cultivator can open a different number of palaces:
- 1 (Master Palace) at the Palace Foundation level.
- 1 (2 in total) at the Provisional Palace level.
- 1 to 4 (Reach up to 6 for the perfection of this cultivation level) at the Royal Noble level.
- 1 to 6 (Reach up to 12 for the perfection of this cultivation level) at the Ancient Saint level.
All cultivators at the Ancient Saint level and higher has at least 4 Fate Palaces.
One has three chances to open Fate Palaces. Between 1 and 4 Fate Palaces can be opened each time. These opportunities are at specific realms:
- 1 to 4 (Up to 4 in total) at the Dao Snake level.
- 1 to 4 (Up to 8 in total) at the ?? (Maybe at 11th realm, Dao King)
- 1 to 4 (Up to 12 in total) at the ?? (Maybe at 13th realm, Dao Venerate)
One can choose to begin opening Fate Palaces at True God realm or at True Emperor realm. The choice afects the Cultivation Path (If one opens a Fate Palace at True God realm, it would never be posible to reach the True Emperor realm and one has to follow the path of Godhood). In either cases, one has to open 12 Fate Palaces to reach a higher level. All cultivators at the Immortal True God or First Ancestor level has 12 Fate Palaces.[?]
World[edit | edit source]
Cultivators can create a "World" inside their Fate Palaces. Upon reaching certain number of Fate Palaces:
- 4 Fate Palaces to create a Domain
- 8 Fate Palaces to create a Kingdom
- 12 Fate Palaces to create the Heavens
- 13 Fate Palaces to create the Nirvana Heavens
11 Fate Palaces[edit | edit source]
- Immortal Emperor Gu Chun
- Immortal Emperor Fei
- South Emperor (In the 9th Worlds)
Four more people were able to achieve this in the Current Era:
12 Fate Palaces[edit | edit source]
Until the Current Era only Immortal Emperor Jiao Heng was known to successfully open 12 Fate Palaces. There were other cultivators who successfully opened 12 Fate Palace but hadn't made other know about it or were overshadowed by the current Immortal Emperor.[?]
13 Fate Palaces[edit | edit source]
12 Fate Palaces is a legendary maximum. The Nigong Meridian could only contain a maximum of twelve palaces. Forcefully opening further palaces would only result in the destruction of the Nigong Meridian, along with the other palaces.
Li Qiye is the first person in the history who managed to open the 13th Fate Palace. He used the energy from the mysterious pond at the end of the Path of Death to strengthen his Nigong Meridian and built the 13th Fate Palace.
Fate Palace Destruction[edit | edit source]
If a cultivator's Fate Palace is destroyed he or she would die.[?]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Fate Palace is comparable with the Dantian (core) in other novels.
- Nine stars Eternal Prestige meant that one would have their own sky, and twelve palaces forming the heavens meant that having nine stars was a requirement to reach twelve Fate Palaces in the future!. (In the Nine Worlds).