The Difficult Dao Era started 30,000 years ago, after Immortal Emperor Ta Kong was defeated and the Heaven's Will was torn by the Black Dragon King, and offered as a sacrifice to the Immortal Demon Grotto in order to obtain Li Qiye's true body.[?]
Without the Heaven's Will, the world's energy was depleted, and the cultivators had a hard time practicing the Dao. This was why this era was called the Difficult Dao Era.
Cultivators that had reached Enlightened Being and Ancient Saint couldn't take another half step forward because of the dried up world's energy, so their cultivation remained at the same place. This Era caused countless Enlightened Beings and Ancient Saints to die from old age. The ones that managed to escape this fate all halted their longevity and went into isolation and didn't dare to appear in the world. This Era had entirely tortured cultivators of the Nine Worlds for the next 30,000 years.
30,000 years ago
- The Cleansing Incense Ancient Kingdom was destroyed by the Heavenly God Sect.[note 1]
- The Heavenly God Sect established the Heavenly Jewel Kingdom.
~3,000 years ago
1675 years before Novel's start
~1600 years ago
- Gu Tieshou was born.
- Previous Sect Master and Gu Tieshou visited Liu San Jian and Tu Bu Yu. It was the last time Gu Tieshou and Tu Bu Yu saw Liu San Jian.
- Liu San Jian sent Tu Bu Yu to find Min Ren's descendants.
~1000 years ago
- Elder Qian was born.
- Elder Sun was born.
- Elder Zhou was born.
- Elder Wu was born.
- Jiangzuo Tieyi became a Royal Noble.
~50 years ago
- Sectional Leader Zhou was born.
- Da Dan was born.
- Primordial Origin Noble became a Royal Noble.
25 years before Novel's start
20 years before Novel's start
18 years before Novel's start
16 years before Novel's start
13 years before Novel's start
10 years before Novel's start
- The Difficult Dao Era ended ten years before the beginning of story.